Build Your Own Smart LED Strip (Using WLED)Creative
- Organised by the DIYCie
- Wednesday 28 September 2022, 13:45 till 17:30
- Boardroom & Flex office (next to SmartXP) To join this activity you need to be a member.
Become a a member by clicking on this message or log in.
Do you need more lights in your life? Do you want to control these lights without leaving your chair? And are you curious about learning how the electronics and software works for such a smart light? Then you're in luck! As on the 28th of September Proto will be organising a "build your own WLED smart LED strip workshop"! During this workshop you will learn how to assemble, solder and program a 5 meter long RGB LED strip that you can take home, and use to decorate your room with various light effects and patterns. The workshop is designed for all skill levels, so even if you've never touched a single wire in your life, our lovely assistants will make sure that you can finish it!
As a bonus, you can use this workshop for Professional Development :)
The workshop will teach you about the following topics:
- Flashing and interacting with a microcontroller (ESP-8266)
- Various electronics and electrical circuits + a bit of theory behind them
- WLED/smart home environments
- Reading a manual :)
Everything you need will be provided by the organising committee, the DIYCie, so no need to worry about that.